On behalf of the Centre for Economic Strategy and our expert partners PwC, we cordially invite you to attend our public event “Is Ukraine closer to free movement of capital with the EU after the Currency Law?”.
We believe it’s crucially important to confirm and fix the course toward European integration and free movement of capital between Ukraine and the EU, especially now on the eve of political changes. Currency liberalization and the Law on Currency and Currency transactions, which previously had been perceived as a technical tool of currency control for business, should be expanded to support political changes in the country.
Date: April 3, 2019 from 10:00 to 12:30
Place: moRe space (100 Velyka Vasylkivska street, 2nd floor)
Language: Ukrainian/English (simultaneous translation)
09:30 – 10:00 – registration and welcome coffee
10:00 – 10:15 – welcome remarks of Hlib Vyshlinsky, executive director of the Centre for Economic Strategy and Vadym Romanuyk, representative of PwC Legal Ukraine
10:15 – 10:25 – keynote speech «Roadmap of currency liberalization and approaching to free movement of capital between Ukraine and the EU» – Oleh Churiy, Deputy Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine
10:25 – 10:35 – presentation of the research “How close is Ukraine to the free movement of capital with the EU?” – Maria Repko, deputy director of the Centre for Economic Strategy
10:35 – 12:00 – panel discussion “How the government, business and banks see the future of Ukraine in terms of European integration into financial markets, free movement of capital with the EU and impact of currency liberalization on the economy of Ukraine”
– Maryna Nelina, Government Office for Coordination of European and Euro-Atlantic Integration
– Taras Kachka, Strategic Advisor at International Renaissance Foundation, member of Ukrainian negotiation team for EU Association Agreement (2007 – 2011)
– Yuliya Kovaliv, Head of the National Investment Council
– Max Nefyodov, First Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine
– Oleksiy Zaremba, Executive Director of MTI group
– Roman Shpek, Chairman of the Independent Association of Banks of Ukraine
– Emal Bakhtari, Head of Projects and Programs of the Open Market’s department of the National Bank of Ukraine
12:00 – 12:30 – Q&A
Networking and coffee.
Audience of the event: representatives of state authorities, international and donor organizations, experts and media.
This event was produced by Centre for Economic Strategy with the support of the European Union and the International Renaissance Foundation within the framework of the Civic Synergy Project and under the auspices of the Ukrainian Side of the EU-Ukraine Civil Society Platform and/or the Ukrainian National Platform of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum. Its contents are the sole responsibility of Centre for Economic Strategy and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union and the International Renaissance Foundation.