Centre for Economic Strategy (CES) is an independent economic policy think tank.
We study public policies and influence them to help the country achieve the sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
We do it by combining research and practical advice on how to improve public policy and advocate changes in the institutions and economic culture of the nation through public dialogue.
We believe that sustainable and inclusive economic growth is not possible without implementation of the following principles:
- Free and fair competition
- The reduced role of the state, and its effectiveness increase
- Rule of law and protection of private property
- Healthy and stable public finances
- Economy, which is based on the knowledge
- Information transparency and freedom of speech
We would like to see the prosperity of Ukraine and well-being of its citizens ensured through the sustainable inclusive economic growth.
Our dream is to see Ukraine in 5 years like this:
- In Ukraine, management efficiency is estimated by the World Governance Indicators index to the average level for the countries of the region.
- GDP grows annually by at least 5% per year. GDP per capita is more than $ 5,000.
- The stable macroeconomic environment. The inflation rate is stable, and it is below 6%. The hryvnia exchange rate is flexible.
- The credit rating of Ukraine has increased to the highest “speculative” level – BB+, the next step is the “investment” rating.
- The Ukrainian financial sector is integrated into the European one. The Ukrainians have the opportunity to use the services available to Europeans through the valid regulations of the domestic market in the field of financial services.
- Most of the state-owned enterprises and all state-owned banks have been privatized. Those that remain in state ownership are managed in accordance with the best practices of corporate governance and the recommendations of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
In 2018-2020, CES is going to focus on having an influence on public policy in four areas:
- Effective governance
- State ownership
- Inclusive growth
To make changes for the better, we work in two stances:
- we prepare and release research and analytical materials on economic policy issues;
- we are involved in advocacy activities.
- we influence public opinion through media, making the population be knowledgeable about economic freedom policies;
- influence the agenda of politicians by means of communication;
- influence the media, forming an economic discourse.
Centre for Economis Strategy was founded in May 2015.
- Tomas Fiala, CEO of Dragon Capital, Ukraine’s leading investment bank
- Ivan Miklos, former deputy prime minister and minister of finance of the Slovak Republic
- Slava Vakarchuk, civic activist and musician
CES does not support any political party or any political leader.
Centre for Economic Strategy is a member of Reanimation Package of Reforms – a civic platform that unites leading NGOs and experts from all over Ukraine and serves as a coordination centre of development and implementation of key reforms in Ukraine.
Our funding sources in 2017
|Charitable contribution from Tomas Fiala||3690000|
|Charitable contribution from the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Ukraine||1509601|
|Non-repayable financial aid from Dragon Capital Investments||1049000|
|Grant from Foundation Open Society Institute||612019|
|Charity support from Western Nis Enterprise Fund||79570|
|Analysis of types of markets and their regulation features for Arzinger Law Office||59400|
|TOTAL REVENUE in 2017||6999590|
Our funding sources in 2016
|Charitable contribution from Tomas Fiala||4945000|
|Charitable contribution from Yuriy Vitrenko||49500|
|Analysis of the budget request of the Ministry of Education of Ukraine |
for Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH,
acting on behalf of the German Government
|TOTAL REVENUE in 2016||5036500|
Our funding sources in 2015
|Charitable contribution from Tomas Fiala||3046000|
|Revenue from research services||6750|
|TOTAL REVENUE in 2015||3052750|